Thursday, July 29, 2010

Unimportant

I used to blog all the time. For everything. "Today, I went to school. In band we had a playing test and I did okay. The trumpets need to practice sooo much though! In Anatomy, Nicole and I talked the whole time, and Mr. Persechina rolled his eyes and made fun of us. It's cuz we're white, I'm certain! I did absolutely nothing in AP Stats cuz AP testing is done and Mr. Snider doesn't care about what we do now, for the next 2 months.. In Civics, Mr. Moore came in and teased Mr. Tran about drinking Diet Coke.. I didn't learn anything in class other than what I've learned from West Wing. English was interesting. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't just suck it up and take AP English. Normal English is easy, but I'm not learning anything. Then I ditched 6th period to go hang out with the boys. We really didn't do anything."... Hahah..

Anyways, I'm glad I'm over that phase. I don't blog unless I have something I feel should be said. "Maybe this will change the world".. Or if not the world, than just affect someone's day in some way, shape, or form. Whether it puts a smile on their face, a wrinkle in their brow, or a thought in their mind that will sit there for weeks..

But I don't feel like I have anything to say right now. Well, not anything meaningful. But here's some random bullet point thoughts I've been having.

- I'm ridiculously thankful for my God, and I'm having deep sadness recently for people who don't know Him. Especially my friends.

- I am learning it is getting harder the older I get to give advice to my non-Christian friends. I give them advice, they tell me they don't want my "Bible opinion", they want my "normal person opinion". Trying to explain that, for me, I have one opinion has been the topic of many conversations. I'm determined not to back down.

- I'm no longer pursuing friendships that are one sided or that I feel I can't trust the other person. Trust is a huge deal, and if I can't trust you, then you're just a normal person to me. Those "friendships" are at the same level of depth as a person I just met. I don't hate those people, I don't have hard feelings toward them, I don't wish that they have no friends. I'm just choosing to not deal with the heartache associated with them anymore.

- I am ridiculously thankful for Phillip. I'm not going into detail, but I thank God for his friendship every day.

- I had an ex get engaged. The news didn't affect me at all, which was exciting. Haha. I'm happy for him!

- I have friends on the extreme ends of dating. Some friends that are dating purely for the sake of not being alone. Some people that "realize" dating is meant to lead to marriage, but are okay with dating someone with no intent of it being serious. And some friends who just GET IT.. Lol.. It's rather interesting to be observing it all.

- I'm intrigued to see what this next school year is going to bring. People going away, people staying here, people going to school, people working.

I think that's it for now!
Sent from my Blackberry :)

Posted via email from redheadedblonde's posterous

No comments: