Thursday, October 20, 2011

We welcome you to Munchkin Land..

I teach munchkins at church twice a week now (1st graders on Wednesday and Kindergarten on Sunday).. And they're so adorable.. So I shall share some of their cute/silly/honest moments as they happen. Here's all the things since the beginning though..

------

1st grade boy while saying his Bible verses..

Munchkin: Do you listen to KIIS FM?

Me: Sometimes. Do you?

Munchkin: All the time!

Me: Do you have a favorite song?

Munchkin: "If you're sexy and you know it"

------

Same kid.. We play games on a "game square" with them, and as the leader, I have to decide who plays when, and when it's a relay, I have to decide who goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.. And while I was deciding..

Munchkin: If you don't pick me, I'm gonna show you my belly button!

------

I was trying to explain how it's impossible to understand how big and awesome God is...

Munchkin: I know what's bigger than the whole world! A baby turtle!

------

Jenna was holding up a sea shell and it was supposed to be something "beautiful" to show how we should be like without sin..

Jenna: What does this sea shell look like?

Munchkin: A porcupine's quill!

------

Jenna teaches the Kindergarteners with me on Sunday mornings, and on the first week I was explaining that Jenna was my sister..

Munchkin: I have two sisters! They're both girls!

------

There's absolutely no context. The munchkins are quite random sometimes. 

Munchkin: I didn't know C**** was a boy!

------

On the playground..

Munchkin: I told E****** he was cute, and he said "No, I'm not!"

------

One of the kids was reciting Matthew 22:37 ("Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'")

Munchkin: Love teh Lord your God with all your heart, with all your sin..

Me: Eh, not quite..

------

The Wednesday night group is AWANA, and I help with the "SPARKS". In "SPARKS", each letter stands for something (S is for Saved, P is for Power, A is for According to the Scriptures, R is for Rose Again, K is for Keeps, S is for Savior.. Or something like that).. And when they're saying certain verses, they're supposed to say what the letter stands for.

Munchkin: P is for Rose again.

------

A munchkin closing us in prayer for the night..

Munchkin: Dear Jesus, thank You for this day. And please help everyone wear pants.

------

Coloring pictures of Adam and Eve..

Munchkin: A**** colored his people blue!

Me: Well, that's okay. God cerated people in all different colors!

Munchkin: Like black people? Or dark brown?

------

One of the kids defending my honor after a puppet tried to eat my hair..

Munchkin: I'm gonna put a hole in the back of your head for being mean to my teacher!

Posted via email from Thoughts to fingers, for all the world to see..

No comments: