Friday, December 24, 2010

The White Kids.. <3

Okay, I know it's 4 in the morning, but I just got home and I don't have work in the morning so I have no qualms about sleeping in today :)


This is a picture of 6 of the people that have known me the longest. They've known me forever! Let me give you the run down.

The far left is Danny. I've known Danny since 2nd grade. He's the youngest of the group, but only by about two months.

The lady with her arm around Danny is Stephanie! I've known Steph since 4th grade, although we've technically known each other since way before that because her old baby sitter is my neighbor.

The guy in the purple shirt is Nick (he's actually the reason we're all together, it was for his birthday). We all met him our freshman year of high school, but I tend to forget that because he fits with us all so well!

The girlie in front of me is Aileen, but everybody calls her Mae. I've known her since 1st grade, and then I went to another school from 2nd through 6th (where I met everyone else), and we were reunited in 7th grade. We've always called each other our "BFF from first grade until forever!"

Michelle is to the right of me! I've known her since 2nd grade! She was definitely one of my first friends that I made when I switched schools, and we've been friends ever since!

And the last one is Harrison, a.k.a. Ono, a.k.a. Butthead, a.k.a. Loser.. All said with love, of course. I met him in 5th grade, and then proceeded to be in love with him for the next few years (hah! I wasn't the only one..).


Anyways..

We've been affectionately nicknamed "The White Kids" by several people.. Which is funny, because actually, Michelle, Steph, and I are the only full white people.. The rest are all either half or not at all.. Lol

We've had our ups and downs of a group. And some of us hang out more than others - do you know how hard it is to line up 7 people's schedules when we all either work, go to school, or do both?? Some of these guys I see almost every week, and then others I see only every 6 months or so.. But it's always kinda fun to get together. And we rarely ever have ALL of us together! We were all together at Nick's first party at his apartment back in September, but Mae and I were leaving right as Michelle walked in the door, so we weren't really all together. However, on the way home, I was kicking myself because we'd missed the photo opportunity! So tonight, I was determined to get a picture!

And we did. And I kinda think it might be my new favorite picture.

Like I said, we've had our ups and downs (oh the drama that we had in high school!), but us girls will always be sisters, and the boys will always be what completes us into being one dysfunctional family. And I heart them very much <3

Here's some more pictures of us over the years..

6th grade - June 2001

8th grade trip to Washington DC - Spring Break 2003

9th grade Winter Formal - February 2004

Hawaii trip - November 2006

Grad night - June 2007

Watching LQ Band Camp preview - August 2008

No comments: