Monday, November 15, 2010

Friday Night Lights

I don't know what it is about this show, but I love it!

I didn't have any deep adoration for the movie, but this show..

Maybe it's the sport.

I don't live in Texas, so I don't understand the ridiculous passion for football. But I can relate to it.

The long hours of practice. The frustration with team mates. Oh, the frustration with the staff and coaches. The lazy people. The way too serious people. The sweat. The tears. The traveling. The complete thrill of winning. And the utter despair of losing. The feeling of winning when you don't deserve it. And losing when you tried your hardest. The inside jokes. The friendships. The passion. The smell (hah!).

Oh yes, I get it.

Or maybe it's the relationship between the main husband and wife.

How it is so evident how much they love each other. But, throughout the show, you witness their frustration with each other. That there are some days that they just plain can't stand each other. However, you know they still love each other with all their hearts. They laugh. They fight. They tease. The love.


It's just a well rounded show. And I highly recommend it :) I've lost track of how many people I've gotten hooked on this Texas football show.. But no one's hated it yet! The first four seasons (the fifth one is on now) are all on Netflix Watch Instantly.. Or I have them all on DVD :)

I also recommend The West Wing, but that's just cuz I'm a total nerd..

Posted via email from redheadedblonde's posterous

No comments: