Monday, November 08, 2010

Mind Boggling

I don't understand these religions with multiple gods (that is lowercase on purpose, there's one God, not several wannabes).

I won't pretend that I can even pretend to grasp what these different gods do. But from what I've heard.. In some cases.. Each god represents something different (happiness, disease, wealth, fertility, etc). And if something happens (for example, if you lose all your money), it's because you didn't satisfy the god that would be directly related to the action (so in this case, you ticked off the wealth god). Or if you can't get pregnant, you need to make offerings and pray to the fertility god.

I just don't get how people could fall for that. And not just a few people, but hundreds of thousands of millions of people (from scholars down to high school drop outs) that believe that everything that happens is their fault because they upset these.. "spiritual beings"..

They call it faith. I, honestly, call it stupidity. And that might be harsh.. But faith isn't about the things that make you feel good. It's not just about the promise of Heaven. It's not just about the unconditional love. It's about remembering the pain and suffering - and being grateful beyond belief for what He went through. It's about knowing that the only thing, the ONLY thing that we deserve is Hell - but again, being grateful and in awe of Christ's grace and mercy. It's about knowing that adding or subtracting anything to the Bible - which is God's word - (like adding more "gods").. Well, according to Revelation 22:18-19, you will lose your share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City.. Oh, and plagues! (I think Mormons like to ignore those verses).. And it's knowing this, and knowing that anyone who does add or subtract is not a believer, and is not leading you in the right direction. Quite the opposite (direction), actually.

Anyways, back on topic.. One God (that's with a capital G) is all that there is. Karma doesn't exist, because God already has everything planned out. God doesn't make someone infertile because they didn't burn enough incense in His name.. They're infertile because it's part of God's plan. And part of having a real relationship with Him is throwing your hands up in the air and admitting that it is completely out of your hands.. And being okay with that.

I don't know if that got me back on topic. I just watched Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts in it.. And those type of movies drive me absolutely crazy. And it kills me when they resort to these other religions for "happiness" in movies.. Or when they feel like their life will be incomplete, and they can't be truly happy until they're married. Drives me up a wall.

I'm thankful for my God and what He sent His Son to do for me. And I'm glad that I know the Truth. And my heart breaks for those that are blindly following and trusting in false gods. I pray their hearts, eyes, and minds start questioning the things they're being taught, and that they find people that can point them in the Right direction..

Sent from my iPod

Posted via email from redheadedblonde's posterous

No comments: