Sunday, May 01, 2011

Day 7 - 9 - Recap-ish

Well, we're currently sitting in our cute little house/apartment in Winona Lake, Indiana, and I figure I might as well do a little debrief of our time here. Well, at least my time, as I know what I've done.. And my dad has just had meetings, meetings, meetings, and more meetings.

- On Friday, I walked across the Grace College campus to the Tree of Life bookstore! Meandered through the shelves and ended up buying 4 books. I was planning on buying three, and then the lady came up and said "Oh, did you know it's buy three, get one free?" Of COURSE it was! So, I had to find another book!

- Oh! Oh the way to the bookstore, I saw like 5 guys playing golf on one of the lawns. Found out later that they weren't actually playing golf.. They were using golf clubs to hit tennis balls! Random.. But apparently, quite popular here!

- Adriane picked me up from the bookstore, and then we went to one of the dorms to pick up Melissa. Both of these girls were from my OB team a few years ago, so it was awesome to hang out with them! We drove down to the actual Winona LAKE, and got some ice cream (which I promptly dropped on the ground, go figure..) and walked around the island.

- After that, we went into Warsaw and had dinner at a restaurant called Mad Anthony's. Yummy food. The atmosphere felt a lot like the BJ's restaurants back home..

- After we went to dinner, we headed back to Adriane's apartment for a little bit. Talked, laughed, and played quite a few rounds of Dutch Blitz - apparently, I've been playing it a little wrong all this time..

- Then, we headed over to Tim and Carrie's house! Tim and Carrie were our senior leaders on our OB team, and I haven't seen them since the BNYC after our year on OB. We hung out there, watched some of the Royal Wedding, then watched some basketball (???).. It was fun though. Just to hang out.

- During all this time, my dad was in meetings.

- On Saturday, I spent the entire day reading. It was beautiful. It was amazing.

- While I was reading, my dad was in meetings.

- Saturday evening, my dad and I joined most of the other board members and we were to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. Yummy food. And good talks!

- Today (Sunday), Carrie picked me up for church, and we went to the Warsaw Grace Community church. Good worship, great sermon (taught by Tim!), and then Adriane dropped me back off at the place we're staying on her way to work.

- Around 12:30, Carrie picked me up and we went to Subway and then headed back to her house to hang out a little more. Sat there talking and laughing about old OB memories... And then I helped her make some quiche for their small group tonight.

- Headed back to "our house", and read for an hour or two before my dad came home (guess what? He was in meetings all day). We went to a random Mexican food place in Warsaw. Definitely wasn't the type of Mexican food we're used to.. But it was enjoyable! But the chips weirded me out because of how yellow they were.. However, the salsa did come in a cute little container!

- After dinner, ventured through Indiana for a little bit.. Just drove around on the bike through long roads and past cute little country houses..

Now we're back at our "home", for only another day and some hours.. We've watched a little bit with The Amazing Race (which.. man.. there are some weirdos on that show).. And now we're watching Undercover Boss, with the chancellor of University of California of Riverside doing different jobs around campus.. Rather... Interesting..

Anyways.. Tomorrow, my dad has some... more meetings! And I have lunch plans with TK, and then hanging out a little bit more with Adriane.. Then on Tuesday morning, we'll head off to Ohio to see grandparents!!

The time here in Winona Lake has been amaaaaazing! I said that to someone the other day, and they were like "really? You're loving Winona Lake??".. Hahah Yes, Winona Lake is tiny.. And I might go crazy if I lived here. BUT, I am quite content and happy with visiting here and seeing friends that I haven't seen in forever!

Posted via email from Adventures of a Family on a Motorcycle

No comments: