Saturday, May 07, 2011

Part 2 begins

Imag0119

Since I am not nearly as techno savvy as Alan and Kelsey, I thought I
should attempt the "blog updating from your phone" thing, from the
safety of a living room.

After spending a few relaxing days in Ohio with family and friends, Alan and I loaded up the motorcycle this morning and headed south.  3 stops for gas and 560 miles later, we are in Nashville, @ my parents house.
(The picture is of the Nashville skyline, as we arrived this evening.)

Wore rain gear at various times today, always in advance of the sky opening up.  I was surprised at how suddenly southern Ohio became "the South", with thick accents every place. Did see a "Used Cows" billboard in Kentucky but missed the phone number.  Drat!  I experienced my first "Cracker Barrel" restaurant and resisted buying anything from the gift shop. ( I think that deserves an award of some type, don't you?) We were in the vicinity of the Kentucky Derby, but missed the excitement and traffic by being just a few hours early.

Feeling like calling it a night is a good thing about now.  This is supposed to have been our longest day of being on the bike which sounds wonderful today.  Looking forward to riding in a vehicle for the next day or so, before we start the rest of the trip back to California.

From Nashville,
Kerri


Posted via email from Adventures of a Family on a Motorcycle

No comments: